What will you be doing?
You will be joining a team working on a web application for one of the largest telecoms companies in the world. You will be part of small self organising and fast-moving development team. We fully employ the use of Agile methodologies within our business to better achieve project objectives. This team is on a DevOps journey, we like to understand and have an interest in the machine that the software sits on. If you are interested in Continuous Delivery and bleeding the edges of your experience then you will fit in well here. We are working with some pretty exciting technologies, which we don’t expect you to have experience of however if you do, it would be a bonus. For example Docker, Kafka and Jenkins.
Essential experience and skill requirements:
- Demonstrable experience of working as a professional web developer
- Experience of using Git or similar version control systems
- Writes clean, secure code
- Experience of building scalable, rich, user interfaces
- Experience of Node
- Configuring package and bundle managers - npm, Webpack
- CSS pre-processing and post-processing
- Experience of working in cross-functional agile teams with continuous delivery in mind
- Experience in writing automated tests and using TDD (Test Driven Development) methodologies
- Understanding of UX design principles
- Experience of coaching and mentoring
- A keen interest to learn new technologies and frameworks within the Front End development ecosystem
We offer great benefits including:
- Enhanced company pension
- Fun monthly team socials (Beach BBQs, Laser Tag, Film screenings, Rugby trips and more)
- End of summer company festival – Headstock
- Headtalks – Monthly internal technical conference
- Fresh fruit
- Fresh ground coffee
- Corporate gym membership rates
- Salary sacrifice bike scheme
The closing date for this role is 30th April 2019. We recruit on a rolling basis and fill our vacancies as soon as we find people who fit our culture and meet the skills requirements. This means that whilst we have a closing date on all of our roles, we may offer the role to someone before the end date, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible.
For this role we can only accept applications from individuals who already have the right to work in the UK. If you are in the UK on a Tier 2 General visa then we are able to take over the sponsorship of this.
- Be a great developer
- Care about the code you write
- Want to work as part of a team
- Be curious and suggest things
- Want to live somewhere amazing away from big city craziness
- Like cake or have the ability to resist a fair amount of cake